Marcie A. Fronefield graduated from The Ohio State University before earning her law degree in 2011 from Hofstra University School of Law. Marcie is licensed to practice law in both New York and Ohio. Her current practice includes Ohio criminal defense, domestic relations and family law, and probate law.
Marcie joins Wood & Long, LLC with three years’ experience in domestic relations practice. In 2015, Ms. Fronefield was recognized by the Columbus Bar Association as an outstanding young lawyer. Her professional involvement includes serving as the 2015-2017 Chairwoman of the Franklin County Municipal Court Committee and as a member of the Columbus Bar Association. Committed to community service, she is also a member of the LINC Leadership Board for the United Way of Central Ohio.
Marcie offers her clients a broad background in complex divorce cases, child advocacy work, negotiations, and litigation support. Prior to entering the private sector, Marcie clerked for two honorable family court judges. This opportunity gave her invaluable insight into the court system and a better understanding as to how she could help her clients.
When Marcie isn’t spending her time working diligently for her clients, she is at home with her two rescue shelties or out on the recreational soccer fields with her friends. She resides with her fiance who also practices law.
- Associate Attorney, Wolfe Legal Services
- Associate Attorney, Rodier Law Offices, Inc.
- Law Clerk, Baker Law Group
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Jeffrey S. Brown, Nassau County Supreme Court, Matrimonial Center, Mineola, NY
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable David Freundlich, Suffolk County Family Court, Central Islip, NY
- Hofstra University, Juris Doctor
- Ohio State University, B.S. in Psychology, B.A. Minor in Human Development and Family Science
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Honors and Awards:
- 2015 American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 10 Best Under 40
- 2016 American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 10 Best Under 40 – 2 Years Client Satisfaction
- Licensed to practice in New York state
- Licensed in the Southern District of Ohio
- Completed Guardian ad litem education training